Moving at the speed of business
When you add abundant rail infrastructure and our close proximity to international air freight and major sea ports to the fact that we are located within a day’s drive of 60% of the U.S. population, you’ll see our many cost-saving advantages extend to moving the stuff you make and getting your supply chain to you faster. With direct access to the CSX rail network, and home to one of CSX’s 13 select sites in the nation, South Central Kentucky never takes a back seat when it comes to meeting all of your transportation needs.
- Interstate 65 passes directly through the region (Barren, Edmonson, Hart, Simpson and Warren Counties)
- New Interstate 65 connector road with direct access to Bowling Green's Kentucky Transpark
- William N. Natcher Parkway (Butler and Warren Counties) provides access to Interstate 65
- Wendell H. Ford Western Kentucky Parkway (Butler County) provides access to Interstate 24
- Louie B Nunn Cumberland Parkway (Barren, Metcalfe and Warren Counties) provides access to Interstate 65 and 75
- KY Highways 79, 80, 100, 163, 214 and 792
- US 68-KY80 Bypass
- US Highways 31, 68, 79, 231 and 431
Click here for an interactive highway map provided by the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet.
Logistics and Distribution
- Local service centers for CHL Express, FedEx and UPS
- FedEX Ground Hub in Nashville, TN one hour south of Bowling Green
- UPS International Hub at the Louisville International Airport less than two hours north of Bowling Green
- DHL's Express U.S. Global "Super Hub" at the Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport three hours northeast of Bowling Green
- CSX Main Line connects South Central Kentucky from Louisville in the north to Nashville, TN in the south
- CSX Rail Spur is located in the Kentucky Transpark, one of 13 CSX Select Sites in the nation and the only one in Kentucky
- R.J. Corman Railroad service (Logan and Warren Counties)
Click here for a map of Kentucky's railroad system.
Nashville International Airport (BNA)
- Located approximately 70 miles south of Bowling Green
- Exceeded 10 million passengers for the fiscal year 2013
- Served by 10 airlines
- Offers 380 daily arriving and departing flights
- Provides nonstop air service to 49 markets
Louisville International Airport (SDF)
- Located approximately 110 miles north of Bowling Green
- Hosts more than 3 million passengers annually
- Ranks third in North America, seventh in the world in the total amount of cargo handled
- Provides nonstop service to more than 25 destinations
Click here for a map of the region's access to national and international airports.
- Port of Nashville (74 miles)
- Owensboro Riverport (77 miles)
- Jefferson Riverport International (120 miles)
- Port of Greater Cincinnati (211 miles)
Click here for a map of the Kentucky's riverports.